The easiest definition of a Lipo-B Injection is this: It’s a shot composed of different B vitamins and other compounds that assist the body in breaking down fat. Lipo-B injections aid a person in their weight loss efforts when dietary changes and exercise are not enough.
Ingredients for this shot, also known as a lipotropic injection, vary because there are six different types on the market. However, no matter which one you choose, they will all have the following components:
- Vitamin B12
Other variations of the Lipo-B shot can include:
- Other B-Complex vitamins
- Other vitamins, minerals, and amino acids
How Does it Work?
The word “lipotropic” means a compound the aids in the breakdown of fats within the body. So, the ingredients that you find in a Lipo-B shot are there to help your body break down fat, increase lean muscle, and boost energy. The Empower Pharmacy website explained the functions of the main ingredients:
- Methionine: Methionine is an amino acid that serves two purposes in the body – to help the liver process fatty acids and to aid in lean muscle development.
- Inositol: Inositol is a “sugar alcohol”, though it doesn’t behave like normal sugar in the body. Inositol decreases enzyme activity that causes fat storage and it also improves insulin usage by our cells.
- Choline: Choline is a compound that closely resembles a B vitamin. It aids in the removal of fatty acids from the body. Like other B vitamins, choline also aids in energy and metabolism.
- B12: B12 is one of the many B vitamins and otherwise known as cyanocobalamin. B vitamins help by increasing rate of metabolism and increasing energy.
This combination of compounds works synergistically, meaning when injected together, they all help each other to reach maximum function in the body. These injections target fat deposits in different areas of the body, including the stomach, inner thighs, buttocks, hips, and neck. They boost the body’s metabolism and work best when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.
Though not a “drug”, health care professionals regulate use and administration of the Lipo-B Injection. All injections are given into the muscle, not the vein, up to two times a week. As with any type of supplement, Lipo-B Injections do have known side effects, so you need to discuss all medications and health concerns before receiving the shots.
For more information on Lipo-B Injections and how they can help you, please contact us.